By joining the LFOA the members by signature agree to the following principles for action:
Did you know?A big part of the private forests have emerged from overgrowing of the abandoned agriculture lands. This fact explains the tree species condition in private forests.
- Forestry is entrepreneurship aimed at gaining profit from managing forest land. All the other goals of forest management are also respected.
- Latvian Forest Owners Association is working towards:
- Promoting sustainable and economically efficient forest management development in Latvia;
- Encouraging revision of and improvement of the regulatory acts that hinder forest owner to take economically-grounded forestry management decisions;
- Encouraging governmental bodies to simplify procedures for issuing different permissions for forest management, including forest establishment;
- Achieving established and working compensation mechanism where a forest owner receives based on marked principles and economically grounded compensations for management restrictions;
- Supporting the efforts to review the forestry related tax policy;
- Encouraging the increase of forest owners competence and knowledge about forestry, legal and economical aspects;
- Supporting implementation of modern and effective technologies in forestry;
- Promoting positive image of a forest owner in society;
- Effective representation of Latvian forest owners' opinion in Latvia and internationally.